Published on April 3rd, 2013 | by Grant Mikuriya0
Today In Japan, April 3, 2013
Today, we see a few new release announcements, a little something for Japanese crane game enthusiasts, a reason to rejoice for Steins;Gate fans, and a call to arms for aspiring artists/Capcom fans.
- On 6/6/2013, a hybrid BD release for the animated movie, Nerawareta Gakuen. Included of the movie with an artbook for 6,615 Yen. The digital version will be released on the same day for 3,500 Yen, but the artbook will be sold separately and viewable on the Japanese-only PlayView app on PSN.
- ATLUS has opened the website for their upcoming 3DS game Shin Sekaijunomeikyū Mireniamu no Shoujo. Though the site doesn’t have much at the moment, the it will be updated as the release date of 6/27/13.
- The arcade prize company called CRANEKING has added a new lineup of anime and video game based goods to their list. Notable examples are Pokemon plushes, Kamen Rider and Bakemonogatari figures, and Super Sonico minis.
- The website for Steins;Gate Kousoku no Phenogram, a sequel to the original Steins;Gate visual nover for PS3 and Xbox360 has confirmed that there will be a route for the character Shiina Mayuri.
- The incredibly popular card-battle RPG smartphone app, Kakusansei Million Arthur (about 1.4million downloads) is being adapted to the PS Vita, planned to be distributed by 4/11/13
- A new Armored Core title subtitled Verdict Day has several new weapons and will feature a new system of being able to resurrect broken weapons in battle. The game will release for PS3 and Xbox 360 on 9/26/13
- To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Capcom has put out an art challenge for fans that are interested in participating. The contest lasts from 4/3-5/13/13.
- Xbox 360 exclusive shooter, Caladrius developer Mosu is to hold a launch event on 4/20/13 in Akihabara. This event will have special illustration of the characters in rather risque poses by the famous Yasuda Suzuhito.