Published on April 1st, 2013 | by Grant Mikuriya0
Today In Japan, April 1, 2013
With an abundance of gaming news pouring out of Japan on a daily basis, it can be tiresome and even troubling to take in especially for those who don’t know how to read Japanese. That’s where we come in. Fresh off of the web, here are the highlights in Japan today:
- New Atelier title, called Atelier:Escha&Ology~Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsu-Shi; roughly translates to “Alchemist of the Twilight Sky”. The sequel will feature two new protagonists, Eska and Logy. ETA 6/27/2013 for PS3
- Earth Defense Force 4 planned to release sometime on 7/13 for 360 and PS3.
- Nippon Ichi Software has updated their Japanese site, hinting at the long awaited announcement of Makai Kingdom ○○○○, hinting that there will be a new subtitle to the name.
- Chou Jigen Geimu Neptunia (Hyper Dimension Neptunia) is slated for an anime adaptation slated to release this summer. Another light novel adaptation is planned to go on sale on 5/25/13. A PV for the announcement was uploaded to YouTube a few days ago.
- There was be a sneak peak of Capcom’s Lost Planet 3 on NicoNama‘s 「ハギとこ!」 channel, at 8:00 P.M. Japan Time.
- Blazblue Continuum Shift Extended‘s PS3 and Vita versions get “The Best” (equivalent of Greatest Hits) versions released on 5/23/13.
- Mobile game, Sengoku Basara Card Heroes･Matsuri was relaunched today, and tickets to the upcoming Sengoku Basara Busho Matsuri event in Koto District, Tokyo are now on sale. The event takes place 7/13/13.
- Upcoming original anime series, Fantasista Doll, has a smartphone game planned. This will be a simple card game to coincide with the series.
- Super Robot Wars Operation Extend announced for PSP download only. ETA summer 2013.